Seattle University Office of Public Relations Photographs and Biographies of Faculty
Scope and Contents note
The collection of portrait images is exclusively in black and white and a variety of sizes. The collection is not comprehensive.
- Majority of material found within 1950 - 1975
- Seattle University. Office of Public Relations (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
This photo collection of historic faculty headshots was assembled by the Office of Public Relations under John Talevich, Professor of Journalism, who was faculty supervisor to the Aegis yearbook and the Spectator student newspaper. Forde Photographers (Seattle) produced the majority of images which were published in the annual Aegis yearbook. Photos were also used for the Spectator student newspaper, Seattle U Reports, and a variety of external public relations. The Office of Public Relations transitioned into the administrative offices of University Advancement and Marketingand Communications.
6 Linear Feet (6 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection of photographs includes headshot images of Seattle University faculty (1948-1980) with biographical information and vitae on selected faculty members.
General Physical Description note
6 linear feet (6 boxes)
- Guide to the Seattle University Office of Public Relations Photographs and Biographies of Faculty
- Mary Linden Sepulveda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Part of the Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections Repository
901 12th Avenue
Seattle WA 98122-1090 USA