Seattle University Constituting Documents
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains Washington State Articles of Incorporation for Seattle College (1898) and Seattle University (1948), Bylaws (1907-1971), Statutes (1947-1972), and revision documentation (1907-1972). The Washington State documents are photocopies of the originals. Some revision documents contain marginalia.
- Seattle University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
The initial Articles of Incorporation, dated October 17, 1898 bear the signature of Jesuit priest Adrian Sweere, SJ, a founder of Seattle College. The subsequent revised Articles of Incorporation, dated June 1948 reflect the institutional name change to Seattle University under President A.A. Lemieux, SJ. A surge of revisions to the bylaws and statues from 1969-1972 is documented.
1 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection contains Washington State Articles of Incorporation for Seattle College (1898) and Seattle University (1948), Bylaws (1907-1971), Statutes (1947-1972), and revision documentation (1907-1972).
- Guide to the Seattle University Constituting Documents
- Elizabeth Knight and Mary Linden Sepulveda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Part of the Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections Repository
901 12th Avenue
Seattle WA 98122-1090 USA