Seattle University College of Education Accreditation Reports and other material.
Scope and Contents note
The collection contains accreditation reports for 1964-1965, 1967, 1975-1976 and 1995, admissions brochures, and issues of the newsletter Banner for the years 1994-2008. The collection is not comprehensive.
- Majority of material found within 1994 - 2008
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
The School of Education was founded in 1935 and originally offered bachelor's degrees and teacher certification. It was renamed the College of Education in July 2004 and shifted to offering graduate degrees only. The College of Education has a long and distinguished history of preparing ethical and reflective professionals. Programs offered include a Doctorate in Educational Leadership, Masters in Adult Education and Training, Counseling, Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Administration, Literacy for Special Needs, Master in Teaching, Master in Teaching with Special Education Endorsement, Special Education, Student Development Administration, and Teaching English to Students of Other Languages. Educational specialist degree programs include Educational Administration Principal Preparation, School Psychology, and Special Education and Certificate programs offered include Superintendent, Principal, and Professional Development. The College of Education is accredited by the National Council of Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), the National Association of School Psychologists and the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and related Educational Programs (CACREP).
2 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
The School of Education was founded in 1935 and renamed the College of Education in July 2004. The collection contains historic accreditation reports, admissions brochures, and issues of the newsletter Banner for the years 1994-2008. The collection is not comprehensive or current.
- Colleges and Universities
- Elementary and Secondary Education
- Seattle University. College of Education
- Seattle University. College of Education--Accreditation
- Teachers colleges -- Accreditation -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Teachers colleges -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Guide to the Seattle University College of Education Accreditation Reports and other material
- Rick Block and Mary Linden Sepulveda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Part of the Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections Repository
901 12th Avenue
Seattle WA 98122-1090 USA