Fred H. Dore Papers
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains personal student examinations and academic papers from courses taken by Dore at Seattle University (1943-1945), newspaper clippings and a copy of Dore's inaugural address as Washington State's Chief Justice (1991-1993).
- 1943-1945, 1990-1992
- Dore, Fred H. (Fred Hudson) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
Fred Hudson Dore was born July 31, 1925 and grew up on Capitol Hill in Seattle. He attended the Cathedral Grade School, O'Dea High School and Seattle College (now known as Seattle University) graduating in 1945. His Jesuit education continued at Georgetown University Law School where he earned a JD and a degree in Foreign Service in 1949. He had a distinguished legal career in Seattle and was elected to the Washington State House of Representatives, where he served from 1953 to 1959. He served in the Washington State Senate from 1959 to 1973 and sat on the Washington State Court of Appeals from 1976 to 1980. Mr. Dore was elected and served as a state Supreme Court justice from 1981 to 1993, the last two years as chief justice. He was honored as Seattle University Alumnus of the Year in 1989. The Seattle University Law School Moot Court is named in his honor.
1 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Fred H. Dore graduated from Seattle University (1943-1945) and served Washington State in a distinguished legislative career including terms as a Washington State legislator (1953-1974), a member of the Washington State Court of Appeals (1977-1980), and Justice of the Washington State Supreme Court (1980-1993), the last two years as Chief Justice. The collection is limited to personal course examinations and student term papers dating from Dore's two year enrollment at Seattle University.
- Civil Procedure and Courts
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- College students -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Colleges and Universities
- Dore, Fred H. (Fred Hudson)
- Examinations (documents)
- Judges -- Washington (State)
- Legislators -- Washington (State)
- Student Life
- Term papers
- Washington (State)
- Guide to the Fred H. Dore Papers
- Rick Block and Mary Linden Sepulveda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Part of the Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections Repository
901 12th Avenue
Seattle WA 98122-1090 USA