Seattle University Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons Records.
Scope and Contents note
This collection documents the administrative and operational functions of Seattle University's A.A. Lemieux Library. The records contain selected documents dated as early as 1939, but primarily date from 1965 through 2010. Included are alphabetical subject files from the Office of the University Librarian including faculty surveys on the use of the library (1982), miscellaneous reports, invoices, minutes, memos, circulation statistics (1946-2010), campaign for a new Lemieux Library (circa 1965), Lemieux Library building construction and dedication documents, photograph and programs (1965-1967), lists of donors, and scrapbooks of publicity newsclippings and programs from 1970-1981. Also included are documents and records relating to the planning, construction and dedication of the renovated and expanded Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons (2004-2010).
- Majority of material found within 1965 - 2010
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
Seattle University Library was originally located in the Garrand Building (1898). The second location occupied the third floor north in the Liberal Arts Building (1947), now the Administration Building. In 1958, the library's inadequate facilities became a priority for the five-year development campaign fund. Construction on the new A.A. Lemieux Library began on the south end of campus in 1965 and was completed for occupancy in November 1966 with formal dedication on April 21, 1967. In 2003-2004, plans were launched to renovate and expand the library. Temporary library collections and services were provided during academic year 2009-2010 at an interim library building located at 1313 E. Columbia St. The new Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons was completed within one year and reopened in September 2010.
30.5 Linear Feet (30 boxes and 1 half box)
Language of Materials
This collection documents the administrative and operational functions of Seattle University's A.A. Lemieux Library, renamed the Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons in 2010. The collection is not comprehensive.
- Academic libraries -- Circulation analysis -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Academic libraries -- Space utilization -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Academic libraries -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Academic libraries -- Washington (State) -- Seattle -- Administration
- Academic libraries -- Washington (State) -- Seattle -- Finance
- Academic libraries -- Washington (State) -- Seattle -- Statistics
- Academic library directors -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Clippings (information artifacts)
- Colleges and Universities
- Library architecture -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Library buildings -- Washington (State) -- Seattle -- Design and construction
- Programs (documents)
- Seattle University. Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons
- Surveys (questionnaires)
- Guide to the Seattle University Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons Records
- Rick Block and Mary Linden Sepulveda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Part of the Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections Repository
901 12th Avenue
Seattle WA 98122-1090 USA