Seattle University Academic Council Minutes
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains agendas, minutes, surveys, correspondence, and reports on a variety of academic matters. The Council minutes are only complete for the years 1952-1976.
- Majority of material found within 1952 - 1978
- Seattle University. Academic Council (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
The Academic Council was a standing committee at Seattle University for over forty years. It originated as the Academic Council of Deans but later altered its membership to include faculty representatives appointed from across all academic departments and schools. In 1957 a Graduate Council was added specifically to address growth in graduate programs. Two separate advisory groups, the Deans Council and the Academic Assembly, succeeded the Academic Council.
2 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection contains Seattle University Academic Council minutes and other related material.
- Guide to the Seattle University Academic Council Minutes
- Rick Block and Mary Linden Sepulveda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Part of the Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections Repository
901 12th Avenue
Seattle WA 98122-1090 USA