Seattle University Office of the President: John Fitterer, SJ Records
Scope and Contents note
This collection consists of records pertaining to academic programs, campus building projects, fundraising, students, faculty, staff and other topics. It also contains correspondence, reports, speeches, scrapbooks, and other printed material. The collection is not comprehensive.
- Seattle University. Office of the President (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access note
The collection is open for research.
John Fitterer, SJ was appointed the 16th president of Seattle University on April 8, 1965 and inaugurated on October 11, 1965. At the time of his presidency the university's finances were challenged with over-extended building projects, unstable enrollment and the same campus unrest felt across the nation.
14.5 Linear Feet (13 boxes)
Language of Materials
John Fitterer, SJ served as the 16th president of Seattle University from 1965 until 1969. This collection contains the files generated and compiled by Seattle University's Office of the President during his administration.
- Colleges and Universities
- Education, Higher -- Washington (State) -- Seattle
- Seattle University--Buildings
- Seattle University--Faculty
- Seattle University--Presidents--20th century
- Seattle University--Records and correspondence
- Seattle University. Office of the President
- Universities and colleges -- Washington (State) -- Seattle -- Administration
- Guide to the Seattle University Office of the President: John Fitterer, SJ Records
- Rick Block and Mary Linden Sepulveda
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Funding for preparing the finding aid was provided through a grant awarded by the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
Part of the Seattle University, Lemieux Library and McGoldrick Learning Commons, Special Collections Repository
901 12th Avenue
Seattle WA 98122-1090 USA